Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 6 already???

     Holy smokes time flies when you're having a blast! Have I mentioned that I really love being busy like this? I truly mean that, the adrenaline just runs.
     I really wanted to get into the Halloween spirit, but just had a few moments of jocularity. Lena and I went into "town" last night and I picked up a clown wig and nose. I didn't keep them on, working in the back room seemed kind of pointless, but I did put them on and pop out the door whenever I heard people being happy and say "Who's clowning around out here?" It was good for a few laughs. Lena bought a witch hat with bright pink hair attached to it, and we got it on a Former Ess Employee Who Now Works For Shell Yet Shall Remain Nameless. Picture is included :)
     We had a great time in town last night. Went for dinner at McRays, which was delicious. Toodled around Wal Mart for a bit and got some supplies for the next week or so (I have the fridge again for a few days yet - got yogurt!) Picked up some Halloween treats for the front desk and yacked and yacked! We didn't get lost, which is a great bonus. I keep worrying that I'll miss one of the turns into camp (the roads are named, but no signs that I could see!). The signage is pretty good, but at night....I worry I'll end up in the Northwest Territories haha.
     Aimee sent me some picture messages today, one of Caden in his big boy underpants, and one of Caden in his costume. I was showing everyone, and had to add them to the slide show screen saver on my cell phone. I do miss my grandbabies!!
     I checked the weather network tonight, and actually it's 3 degrees (celcius) warmer here at camp than it is back in Stratford. It's 4 degrees celcius here, and 1 degree in Stratford. Sunrise in Ft. Mac is 8:32, sunset is 5:44. In Stratford, sunrise is 7:57 and sunset is 6:16. So we are getting just about 1 hour less of daylight right now.
     Chef set up a beautiful dessert table for Halloween. Candy apples, special decorated cupcakes, some yummy looking chocolate cake....trifle, jello in a clear glass (different colours). The camp Halloween dressup party was on Friday night. I was way too tired to go so did not see the costumes. I heard a good time was had by all haha. Some of the kitchen employees were all dressed up in the dining room, and we got talking to one of the ladies and she said that they got to leave an hour early if they dressed up. So there were skeletons, witches, mummies, etc picking up trays and cleaning tables. Albian Village does know how to put on a good party. Fort Mac was really busy last night, I guess there were a lot of parties and the stores were busy. They must know how to party in St. Mac too haha.
     I am going to bed early tonight and will try and get back into the posting routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment