Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back into civilization....

     Saturday night in Red Deer, like we never left home lol. If you look on a map, Red Deer is midway between Calgary and Edmonton, on the main highway #2. We're leaving for Calgary this morning, and hope to spend the rest of today touring around the southern part of the city, and tomorrow night staying near the airport in the north end so Monday will tour around that part of the city. I'm really noticing the shorter days now, I guess I'd better get used to it, only going to get shorter for another couple of months! Oh well all in all I think we've had a fine fall, except for that minor blip of snow on Sept 16 haha.
     We decided to take in a movie last night, but got lost trying to find the movie theater and missed the early showing, and just weren't up to staying for the late one. Red Deer has one long, long main street (which we've toured several times getting lost!) and I'm sure there's more to see, but the main street is very interesting and has everything you could want. The road divides around the center of the city, and both ways have an access road to reach the businesses along the way. The city looks very modern, even the "historic" downtown has a modern feel to it. I'm not sure the age of the city, but definitely has sprung up fairly recently.
     Oh by the way, Thor spent a good hour (maybe more) searching that animal that I have the picture of (having the late breakfast) and it is definitely an elk. We saw herds of bison on the drive as well, but were too far away to get good pictures.
     Well looks like we're in for some cloudy/rainy days here, and just above freezing. I think I'm glad most of our driving is done! Glad it's done in the mountains anyway. We sure had great weather for that part of the trip, even though I was cold and wished I had my boots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment