Sunday, October 24, 2010

Missed the mountains....

     Yep, we drove into Calgary today and wow, after being away from big cities this was just too much hustle-bustle. And we did miss the mountains! So we drove the 1 hour out to Canmore, back near the entrance to Banff National Park and got a beautiful room here for the night. Check out the pics, it's a fantastic find, again. The town is a lot like Banff and Jasper, little shops, restaurants, micro-breweries and wineries. Not too much open, since it is a Sunday night, but we did take a tour around before deciding on Wood Lounge for dinner. Great little place with a fireplace and cozy black leather armchairs around the tables. Not to mention the mountain scenery out the windows. This is another place that's nestled in the mountains so you get a beautiful view no matter which direction you look. I feel so fickle, since I loved the ocean so much and now I think it must be jealous of my mountain raving :)
     Tomorrow is my last day of vacation. And we are headed back into Calgary. We have a room by the airport, since my flight back to Ft. Mac is leaving at 6 am on Tuesday morning, and have to be at the airport at 5. Well I think I'm going to turn the fireplace on for a few minutes before bed, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment