Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 3 of 6

     Or is it 7? I'm just not sure when Amanda is back. I guess I'll plan on 7 and be really happy and surprised if she's back in 6 :)
     I cannot believe the beautiful weather we've been having. And Alberta skies are beautiful. I'm going to try and get some new pics today. Some outside shots (if I don't get caught!) The skies have been a beautiful blue and the loveliest wispy, smudgy clouds. And the sunsets and sunrises are just incredible. Just as a comparison, today is supposed to reach a high of 17 (63F) here and sunny. 18 tomorrow and 20 on Friday. Sun rises at 7:36, sets at 6:48. In Stratford, high of 14 (57F) and rain. Sun rises at 7:25 and sets at 6:57. The difference in daylight hours will really start to increase now, as the days will grow shorter in a faster manner than back home.
     Well Lena and I got out for a nice walk around camp for some exercise. We stopped in the back area to do some stretching, which of course is going to cause anyone to notice. We were both doing some calf stretches on a very large concrete block and some guys drove by in a truck and told us we'd have to push harder than that to move that block. We all got a good laugh out of that. Made it in to the management gym, which is smaller, not as many machines, but there were a few guys in there. Just enough to keep me from getting down on the floor to do Hannah's plan for the day. And I'm learning to put blinders on when picking up my breakfast and dinner for the day. And even lunch. I was hoping that would happen, lol.
     So yesterday I needed to get off the computer and out of the back windowless office I'm sitting in (just this week!) and volunteered to deliver a whole bunch of memos in B pod. All dorms. All floors. I tied on my new apron and put each floor in a pocket and away I went. I had on my "winter shirt" which has long sleeves, and was moving at a pretty good clip when I realized I was way overdressed for the weather, haha. The hallways in the pods were hot as blazes so of course my face goes beet red in a flush and I look like well, like I'm having a hot flash :) I thought why the heck aren't they opening the windows in the hallways, it's a beautiful day, there's a nice breeze. So every floor that I had to go close to the end (any rooms past about the 30's (e.g. 130, 230, 330 and up etc.) I would just finish the walk to the end where the window is and open it. So I'll say I opened 80% of the windows. Then I got back to the office and told my supervisor that I couldn't believe they didn't have the windows open, no wonder they keep calling in complaints that it's too hot. Then he informed me that they can't leave the windows open, it's a fire hazard. Oops. I said uh-oh, I'll bet people are going to be cursing me. Apparently housekeeping staff can open them while they are on the floor cleaning, then have to close them again when they leave. Oh well, security makes several rounds per day and they would just have to close them all. I've opened windows in the walkways from the pods to the camp as well when it was a nice day. So I guess if I see notices around asking people for their help in catching the notorious window opener, I will have to turn myself in. I didn't understand about the fire hazard part, but it's because if there was a fire, the fresh air from open window would just feed it.
     I'm off to start my day, hope everyone is having a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment