Monday, October 18, 2010

Banff here I come!!

     OK so I do have to work today, but I'm already practicing my "departure dance". People are so happy on their day to go home (after 21 days in a row, sometimes more) that they are singing and a few started a happy dance on the last day. Well, of course if it's not YOU leaving, the happy dance is very annoying! But when it's your turn, haha! Look out. I decided my departure dance would be done to "New York, New York" today. You know, "start spreading the news......I'm leaving today...." etc. Big big smiley face inserted here.
     I do work today, then fly out of Ft. Mac at 7:20 tonight to arrive in Calgary at 9:30. Unfortunately there is a stop in Edmonton, otherwise it would only take a bit more than an hour to get there. OH well, I don't have to get off the plane, it's just a short stop to exchange passengers.
     So far the plan is to spend the night in Calgary, pick up the rental car and head out to Banff. It's only an hour or so drive from Calgary. I was surprised, I had no idea it was that close. We'll go to Lake Louise and then figure out our route from there. I've heard so much about how beautiful it is that I'm very excited to hit those mountain roads!
     Last night I moved much of my stuff to Lena's room for storage so today will just have to bring a few last minute items (shampoo etc) over and check out. My feet are pretty excited I'll tell you!! I will catch up with pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment