Monday, October 4, 2010

Made it through Monday.....

     OK, it was only Day 1 of my stressful week, but I survived the first round. Lots of problems of course and I kept thinking....wait a minute, I don't remember signing up for this!! Amanda comes back on Saturday and I will be throwing my arms around her as soon as I see her :)
     I did the "upper body boot camp" last night. Little Hannah, who is probably 5 feet tall and 80 pounds soaking wet, and has strawberry blonde hair up in pigtails and this cute little Australian accent turns into one of those drill sergeant types as soon as class starts! LOL, no, not really, but it was a real workout, not just an excuse for an exercise class! I finished the class, but couldn't do all the laps around the gym in between the exercises. And half the time was for boxing. We had to pair up, and of course being the only female I was sure the guys were all wanting not to be stuck with a weakling, but one guy finally jumped in to offer to be my partner. He put the pads on first, and I punched. It was a great workout, I loved it! Then it was my turn to put the pads on. Well, I'll say this....holding those pads up and with enough force to match the punches was WAY HARDER than actually throwing the punches. My arms and shoulders were killing me. Not to mention the fact that I was a little afraid to see those big gloves coming at me at face level with just me and the pads stopping them! But all in all, I was very proud of myself and determined to keep it going. Now Hannah went home today so no classes until next week. But she made me up my own personal fitness plan and demonstrated all the exercises. I did a little bit tonight, but I did not want to go to the workout room in the evening as it's full of men. I tried to lasso another woman to go with me, but I had no takers. I don't think I could have done any of the weight or machine exercises anyway, my muscles are so sore. I did do the stretches so hopefully tomorrow I won't be totally seized up! It's a little unnerving as there are windows in the upper part of the gym that are along the hallway and guys are always stopping to watch, but I just figured you want to look...go ahead! I am determined to get fit anyway!
     Well camp is really full again, a ton of people showed up last night - no reservations. And a ton more coming in tomorrow and Wednesday. No idea what we're going to do. No more incidents of wild animals showing up at camp. Maybe they lost the security pass lol.
     I am finally getting assertive enough to keep those people on the serving line to stop loading on too much food! Played some darts again tonight. It was busy at the Albian Village Lounge tonight. Last time I played darts we were the only ones. This time every board was in use. I still haven't had my tour of the kitchen again, I'll have to ask the Food Services Manager Bill again.
     That's it for tonight....Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment