Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday - used to be hump day....

     Back in the real world, where hump day exists. Here, every day is pretty much the same. Well, except for Tues-Wed-Thurs are noticeably busier and crazier than the other days of the week. I really have to get a pedometer to see how many miles I put on in a day. That's in addition to the one mile I walk for my personalized fitness program :)
     I added a picture of the World Famous cupcake, imagine taking the time to decorate cupcakes like that when you're making them for 2600 people!! There were several different designs too. I forgot to mention yesterday Sarah the baker brought in some treats for the office staff, chocolate raspberry trifle. Garnished with fresh raspberries. She was delivering them around, came in to see me and said "I KNOW you will want one!". Sigh, my sweet tooth reputation precedes me.
     My pet peeve of the day is.......people that call the front desk from their room and ask for their call to be transferred to another room. And they do it  A LOT. Makes me absolutely crazy, when we are busy, the phone is ringing off the wall, and it's someone saying "can you connect me to Bobby Orr's room?" I just want to scream at them READ YOUR WELCOME PACKAGE AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO DO IT YOURSELF!!!!! Of course, it would take longer to do that than to actually transfer the call, so I end up doing it. It is a little confusing but the directions are clear....I figured out how to do it!! Plus...each room's phone has a direct line number. You can call it FREE, just dial the number. Sometimes I don't mind when the person doesn't know the room number and I have to look it up, but when the same person calls for the same room more than once I start to lose my patience. In fact, I notice my patience gets shorter the more days I'm here, LOL. This time I am here 22 days instead of 21 as my rotation changed by 1 day to allow me to take advantage of Monday flights, which are generally cheaper than Sunday flights.
     Oh and by the way, the new pictures I've added of the skies and cupcake were taken on my cell phone. It has a memory card. Have you ever seen a memory card for a cell phone? It looks a lot like an SD memory card for a digital camera, except it's 1/4 of the size. Yes, it's that tiny. I dropped mine today and I felt like I was looking for a contact lens on the carpet it's that small. It comes with an adapter, which is like an SD memory card with a slot to slide the wee little one in. Sorry, sometimes small things amaze this small mind :)
     Anyway, I made a point NOT to nap this afternoon, as yesterday I could not get to sleep after I finished at 8:15 and was up way too late. I will be in bed by 8:15 tonight for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment