Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The joys of split shifts....

     Actually, I don't mind it! I work 4 am - noon, then again 6 pm - 8 pm. In between, I worked out (thanks Hannah, for my personal fitness program), had a nap, finished a project, had dinner and then went back to work for a couple hours. I had a nap, so I am able to stay up past my 8 pm curfew :)
     Another week of confusion on Tues-Wed. I found one of those Staples "easy button"s and to keep some humour in the situation, I will push it to get the "That was easy!" message whenever some guy was just asking for a towel or had a question or something easy like that. Most of them have a sense of humour.
     Weather has continued to be nice, but it is starting to get cooler. I was still working up a sweat doing bathroom lockouts today. All over the map. And going as fast as I can, thinking of how I've had to call because my bathroom door was locked and you know, when you need in there, you need in there!! I had to leave my can-mate a friendly reminder as I've been locked out twice this turnaround!
     The dishwasher broke down in the kitchen last night. Well, actually it caught fire. Imagine hand washing dinner dishes for about 2600 people. I guess the dishwashers worked all night cleaning it up. Difficult because of health & safety standards...the water has to be a certain temp, plus the sanitizing. This morning for breakfast it was all disposables. It was fixed by dinner time tonight though, good thing! Imagine the garbage from disposables for 2600 people!
     Well I do have to hit the hay...3:30 a.m. comes awful early :)

No comments:

Post a Comment