Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ah Wednesday.....

     If you read this blog, you know what Wednesdays mean. Yikes!! Yep, back at camp and into the thick of things. I arrived in Ft. McMurray yesterday at 7:15 am. Aimee flew out of Ft. Mac on Monday at noon and left her car there for me to bring back to camp. She sent me a text msg of the parking spot # and where exactly it was. I had no trouble finding the car, but once in noticed that it was in spot 261, not 231 like she told me. I quickly sent her a text msg and she replied that she was lucky she didn't get a ticket. Then I actually checked under the snow on the windshield and there it was. $85 ticket for no proof of payment. After a trip inside to talk to security, they assured me that they would void the ticket once she provided proof that she paid for the other spot. Then the drive to camp. I was a little nervous, since it's kind of confusing as there aren't really any signs with road names once off the main highway. However, I did find my way back without getting lost once :) As I stepped out of the car, I realized that the rain/snow mix I had driven in was actually freezing rain, and there was a layer on the car as well as icy conditions on the road. Hmm, I guess it's a good thing I didn't know that while I was driving? Must be good tires on that car! I got my room key, lugged all my bags up to my room and collected my work clothes from my friend Lena's room and looked at the clock; 9:30. Just enough time to dig through bags, find my work clothes, have a shower and be to work by 10 am. I like living on the edge, haha. We're short-staffed again right now so will be a whirlwind few weeks!
     The days are quickly shortening here, I compared. In Stratford right now, sunrise is at 7:52 am and here at camp, 8:23 am. Sunset back home is 6:22 pm and here it is 5:53 pm. The difference will grow now until the December equinox. I was really amazed looking at the weather back home, it's been so unseasonably warm! I guess it is here too, as on the radio yesterday they were commenting how it's the end of October and still no substantial snowfall.
     Well I am off to finish my laundry and get ready for work. Big flight day today, lots of people checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment