Thursday, October 7, 2010

2/3 of the way through

     Not that I'm counting down or anything :) Today was a bit better than yesterday, ok a lot better than yesterday but I'm still counting down. I'm kind of anxious to see Aimee again, she'll be back on Saturday. I haven't seen her for.....well, except for meeting briefly at the airport when I got in on Sept. 27, I haven't really seen her since I left on Sept. 19.
     Well I forgot to mention that we have some beautiful gerbera daisies in wonderful colours brightening up the place here and there. After the "big function" last week they were available for the taking. The front desk has a couple, my room has a couple. One is for Aimee when she gets back, I'm not being greedy. They are especially nice when you don't get outside for days at a time. And they are lasting beautifully. Change the water every couple of days and they're still looking nice.  Tomorrow I will get out again for some fresh air.
     So my friend Lena left today on her rotation. I will really miss her Cape Breton sense of humour and straight talking. Of course she's always feeding me, so maybe I'll lose some weight this week :) It's a different way of life, people coming and going all the time. You spend the vast majority of your time with the ones you work and live with, and then "vacation" with your family. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not so good. I think I would be having a harder time handling it if I had free time. With not much free time, you don't have much opportunity to think about what you miss. That's how I'm seeing it right now anyway. I have not been following Hannah's exercise plan, she'll be so disappointed in me when she gets back, haha. But I did walk the mile in the gym tonight. With 5 pound weights in each hand. And I actually RAN two of the laps. Definitely in better shape now than when I got here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment