Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Spectacular Sunrise

     Wow, it was a beautiful one the other morning. Thank God for Lena calling attention to it, or I'd never see the great skies! It was just spectacular skies. The colours had faded a bit (it changes so fast!) by the time I got the idea to run outside and take a picture, but I thought the pictures turned out ok.
     So another Wednesday has come and gone. More of the same. Funny story today...I wanted to throw some laundry in during the day when the machines are usually available and I had no more clean work shirts...so I went running up to my room and there at the end of the corridor is the drug dog making her rounds. So how does this look......kinda like I'm running to get to my room before the dog! I quickly grabbed my laundry basket and headed down to the laundry room so they could see I wasn't trying to hide anything before they got there.....and I was so fast I left my key in my room. Great. Now I have to ask them to open the door for me, which they were almost to my room anyway, so they opened the door and let the doggie in to have a sniff around before I went in. She didn't find anything interesting in there so I was safe for the day :) A few guys weren't so lucky however, and got packed up and sent home. You have to be clean to stay in camp! Everyone knows that before they get here, during orientation, and by example. Don't know why some of the guys have to mess up their opportunity here. Oh well.
     So extra short staffed for another day yet. And getting a little goofy. Someone found 3 balls that are squishy like hacky sack balls, but round like maybe you'd juggle with them. Anyway, I claimed them and started using them for stress relievers. Like you throw one as hard as you can at the door, or the wall. It blows off steam really well, doesn't bounce very far or do any damage and if you ACCIDENTALLY happened to hit someone in the head....wouldn't do any injury! I demonstrated to a few people (just on the door and wall, not any heads) Chef liked the idea so much he asked if he could have one. Of course, I need to stay in his good books (you get special treats when you're in the good books) so I let him have his pick.
     Other than that....it was warmer here today than it was back home. They had the furnaces going full blast in the corridors and it was too hot. I wanted to open the windows, but after the last time I did I thought I'd better restrain myself.
     That's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment