Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, Monday

     Well really, the days of the week don't mean too much here, haha. Unless it's Tues-Wed or Thurs. :)
     Had a bit of a snowfall today. Enough to cover the ground, maybe an inch. It did last through the day but I think it was mostly slush by suppertime. I checked the sunrise/sunset times for comparison again today....

Stratford sunrise 7:08 am
sunset 5:06 pm

Ft. MacKay sunrise 7:50 am
sunset 4:26 pm.

     Haven't really got much to report, just plugging along. One week until I go back home, well actually to Windsor :) Then to Stratford for a couple of days, then to Michigan, then back to Stratford for 1 night and fly out of London at 7:30 the following Monday morning. Whirlwind days off again.
     It's slowing down a bit (theoretically) in camp here. There were some layoffs of the kitchen and housekeeping staff. They are still trying to forecast what the holiday season will be like. Some companies work right through, some shut down. It will be hard to say at this point how it's going to work out. Right now I am scheduled to be at camp for both Christmas and New Years, but I think they will be giving me vacation days to stay until Dec 27.
     I have been enjoying a cup of mint tea in the evenings before bed. And of course, having to get up to use the bathroom every couple of hours. So tonight will just be half a cup, see if that makes a difference. I just had to buy that big 18 oz mug haha. In case you are wondering, I just walk to the end of the hall where the water cooler is, it dispense cold and boiling water. Not allowed to have electrical appliances in the rooms here. I guess a fridge doesn't count as an electrical appliance :D
     Well our rec director Hannah is back from her rotation today. Of course now I feel guilty because I haven't been following her carefully and personally crafted exercise plan. Tomorrow I get to sleep in a bit as I don't start work until 9 am. Of course, I'll be missing breakfast but I'll tell you, that certainly won't hurt me!! I am really starting to enjoy the scrambled egg whites, I never thought I would. Oh well it will have to be a bagel at Timmie's if I sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment