Saturday, November 27, 2010

If it's Saturday....it must mean prime rib

     OK, some things are predictable. But there are always some nice surprises thrown in for dining choices at Albian. It seems like there is always someone who likes to complain about the food at any place, but I think our team here does a great job for the number of meals they have to serve!
     The weather has moderated for a few days here, with the temperature not far below freezing. I see from the forecast that we are in for some LOW temps coming up next week though! Still not much snow, just a light covering. It's nice though, covers up the ubiquitous red dirt when you look outside.
     Well, I changed rooms Thursday. My can-mate told me that she was starting 4 am shifts and needed about 6-7 alarms to wake her up, since she was such a heavy sleeper. Hello! I am a very, VERY light sleeper and that gave me a moment of panic. Luckily, Amanda had just told me that her can-mate moved out and that room was open. So, me and the luggage cart made a few trips down the corridor from E3 to G3 to the new room. Another small one, but closest dorm to the main core building is nice. I did well, and got everything unpacked and put away by Thursday night. Then, guess what!!??!! Lena came to me yesterday and said the fire warden room across the hall from her is available! So, I asked the big guy if I could take the room, and even offered to do dishes and maybe even wash towels to make up for the extra cost of TWO room transfers and he gave me the go-ahead (no laundry or dishes necessary :)) So as soon as the new room is vacant and ready for occupancy, I'll be moving it all again. Hopefully, this is the last time, as having a fire warden room allows you to keep it up to 14 days when you are away!
     Amanda left yesterday for her days off so I am in the back on reservations for this week. We had 2 new people start on front desk this week, so staffing is much better! However this also means I'm working 7-5 every day, and I won't get gym time. However, I did anticipate this and bring a yoga mat and my exercise ball and weights so I can actually work out on many of my assigned exercises right in my room. Oh, the reason I won't go to the gym is that after 5 pm the gym is full of guys working on their muscles and frankly, I feel a little uncomfortable. I figure if I can get some walking in on the track and some of the other exercises in my room, that's way better than nothing!
     Lena and I are on opposite shifts right now, so we don't get much of a chance for chit-chat. I sure miss that! Especially when I am having a frustrating day and just want to vent. For some reason my first few days back I was really kind of cranky and a lot of things were getting on my nerves. I was so happy that Lena was back as she is such a light-hearted person and always gets me laughing. That's great for the endorphins that make us human beings feel better. Nothing like a good laugh to chase away the crankies!
     Since it's Saturday today, things will be a lot more relaxed and I am determined to make it a good day! After all, I will be moving rooms for (hopefully) the last time for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment