Friday, November 12, 2010

What??

     The whole week went by without a new post?? I guess I just get caught up in the day to day stuff and forget. Yes, time flies when you are having fun. I started to pack things up to leave for home on Monday. Now that my friend Lena has a fire warden room that she can keep while she's out, I can keep the stuff I'm leaving behind here. ESS staff were given first crack at taking the fire warden rooms that were empty, provided they promise to take the fire warden training when it comes available, so people were snapping them up. The perk is you can keep your room up to 14 days so never have to pack up, unless you'll be gone for longer than that. I was tempted to, but all the "bigger" rooms were taken, and I didn't want to be permanently in a smaller room, so I thought I'd just bide my time and see if something comes up. Also, I wanted to stay here in A pod, and I really like E 3rd floor. Not that I'm picky or anything, haha.
     The word from security this morning was there were a couple of wolves on the premises. According to the girl on night staff, one of the security guards came running in looking for the bullhorn to make noise and scare them off. I miss all the fun.
     I've heard that the northern lights have been seen around midnight or so, but I am never up at that time to check it out. Hopefully at some point this winter I'll get to see them. I've only seen them once, and that was in Zurich, in the winter, and it was an incredible show. Oh wait, I saw them one time with Thor driving back to Winnipeg from Victoria Beach, but it wasn't as big of a show as the one in Zurich.
     Speaking of winter....the sunrise & sunset times are as follows:
Stratford    
Sunrise:     7:13
Sunset:      5:02
Ft. MacKay
Sunrise:     7:58
Sunset:      4:19

The temperature hasn't been too much different, although it is pretty cold at night, around -11 and sometimes -15. I took a walk out to the trailers for room checks yesterday and my face was frozen! I'll have to get a balaclava to keep the frostbite off it!
     Well I am on the 4 am shift now until I leave, so it's definitely early to bed, early to rise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment