Sunday, November 14, 2010

Going home tomorrow!

     Well, going to Windsor tomorrow, but that's like home. It's family! Can't wait to see my grandbabies.
     So I got to work at 4 am this morning, and not too long after, a guy comes to the desk and he locked his key in his room. I ask, "What's your room number?" He says "II12". Now II trailer is the 2nd farthest place from the front desk, and he had ID on him so I could just give him another key that he can bring back later. The trailers have doors with regular locks that require a hard key, not the swipe kind that the indoor rooms use. I check the keys, and there is only one left for II12. We can NEVER give out the last key. So guess what, that means I have to go out and unlock his door. I did come prepared with my coat, hat and gloves though. It was cold, but not windy at all and I thought quite nice. Then we get to II trailer, the 2nd furthest one from the front desk, way out in the back 40, and his room is on the far end of the 49 room unit. OK, I open the door for him and head back. Well, heading back by myself I started to think maybe this really isn't a wise idea to have a woman out there in the pitch black night, by herself, in a camp full of men and the occasional wild animal. And what if I slipped and fell and hit my head? I had a radio, and my cell phone, but things can happen! I get back to the desk, put my coat, hat, radio, keys and etc away and another guy comes to the desk. He left his key in his room. No i.d. What's your room #? I ask. JJ37. OK, now that one IS the farthest away from the front desk. Lo and behold, no i.d. on him and also only one hard key hanging in the key cabinet. Oh well. Suit up again and head out. Then the same potentially scary trek back by myself to the front desk. Then we had several bathroom lockouts, and also calls about alarms going off in someone's room. I took some, Hilary took some, and I got all the cardio I needed before 7 am today. I spoke to the Health & Safety people about going out to the trailers in the pitch black night alone, and was advise to get security to accompany me next time. I thought, hmm. Security always has a lot of staff, why can't they do the lock outs??? I may have to pursue that when I get back.
     So I am just about to head to bed. Almost everything I am leaving here is safely stowed in Lena's room, just waiting for towels in the dryer. Tomorrow I'll work 4-10 and the driver will be leaving about 10:30 for town. Almost every minute of my week off is scheduled somehow, but I haven't seen my house in 2 months so should be nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment