Saturday, November 13, 2010

Civil Disobedience cat, hahahahaha

     I thought that picture was so funny, as a former cat owner who's tried to put a harness on one. Teehee. Sorry, I'm going home in 2 days so getting a little goofy.
     We are starting to use what's called a MAC - or Meal Access Card, on Dec 1. It's just a small card with a bar code that everyone will have, and to get into the dining room you'll have to scan it, and also when checking in it will just have to be scanned to bring up the person. It will make life easier, and also stop people that aren't living at the village (only working here) from accessing meals. As there is no cost to guests for meals, if anyone helps themself to a steak or prime rib dinner, it's costing the company money. Anyway, the point of my story is that two gentlemen came to get their new cards issued. I got them scanned up and entered, and one other front desk staff tried to give them the booklet we printed out to explain how they work and why we're implementing them, but the one guy wasn't interested. I said the most important thing is that if you lose it, it's $25 to get a new one. He started walking away, saying "I'll tell you something, the food in this kitchen is not worth $25, I'd rather have starvation". Well, first I was stunned, and the other guy looked embarrassed, but then my protective instinct kicked in and I called after him..."Excuse me!!" but he kept walking. I wasn't done yet and if I'd have had one of those flip up things to get me out from behind the counter quickly, I would have been after him to pursue the matter. I thought maybe I'd like to take him to give his opinion to our head executive chef Brian....I would have LOVED to have witnessed that conversation.
     Another interesting thing that happened was when I went to the gym this afternoon, who came in but Sarah the baker. Running on the treadmill. I thought, aHA!!! Now I know how she keeps so tiny. She told me that she runs anywhere from 5-10k every day. Made me feel a little better when I enjoyed a piece of her scrumptious cheesecake at dinner tonight. I don't know WHY that made me feel better, but it did.
     Weather is still pretty nice here. I got in this morning at 4 am, and shortly after, I had to do a room lock out over in the trailers. And I didn't bring my coat down when I came in. I told the guy I'd meet him over there, but had to go grab my coat first. So I had to run up the stairs to the 2nd floor walkway over to A pod, go to F dorm, up another flight of stairs to get to 3rd floor, run down to my room, grab coat, gloves and hat, then down to A dorm, down 2 flights of stairs to first floor, and out the back door of A to cut across the parking lot to the trailers. But my shortcut back in to A dorm door was locked so I couldn't slip back in that way, but it wasn't windy or anything so I decided to walk all the way around the building and go back to the front desk through the front doors. So I had a nice morning workout before 5 am. I need a nice warm scarf though, to go over the face. I can't imagine what that journey is going to be like at -40.
     Only 2 more sleeps.....can't wait to see Caden and Kylee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment