Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday night.....laundry detail.

     Just mine, no I am not doing laundry for the camp. I'm sure that's a union job. Wow, a person really has to be careful about what they do here. I can't replace the light bulb in my room lamp, because it requires a Job Safety Analysis form to be filled out and maintenance has to do it. I can't empty the overflowing recycling box in the office, as that's a union job. I can't spray and wipe down the counters and desks, because that's a union job....Yikes! I'm not complaining, just trying to get my head around what is and isn't allowed here.
     I was not supposed to take pictures, only Health & Safety people are allowed to do that, especially outside, so one of the H&S guys went ahead and took these photos around for me! It gives an idea anyway.
     Weekends are generally quiet at the front desk, so I've been told. It was today, anyway. But there was still a lot to do, catching up on things that nobody has time for when it's busy with arrivals and departures.
     The baker here, I'll call her "Sarah", is AMAZING. Today she made cannollis and they were scrumptious, melt in your mouth delightful. No wonder people gain weight here!
    About the rooms; when I leave, I check out, just like a hotel. I could put my room on hold up to 4 days, but no longer. Since I have 7 days off, I have to check out. People here deal with it by storing stuff at a buddy's who will be there while you're gone, or storing stuff in the locked storerooms. The lucky souls who have the management rooms are allowed to keep their rooms on hold for 7 or 8 days but not the rest of us. It's ok though, all the rooms are the same. At least in A pod, where I am.
     Tonight the rain has started. Yuck for the room checks tomorrow....this will mean booties before going in to each of the trailers outside. I guess they are called the 49ers, as each trailer is a 49-man trailer. Should be a nice sleep though!

No comments:

Post a Comment