Sunday, September 19, 2010

Home for a rest....

     Ha Ha Ha! My schedule is so tight for the week I'll be home, I'll be coming back to work to rest up! It's a strange feeling, I'll tell ya, to be heading home. These three weeks have passed by so quickly it makes my head spin.
     I have been meaning to share the dining room rules here; they amuse me.
    
     No headgear
     No coveralls/overalls
     No bags/backpacks
     No muscle shirts
     No bare toes
     No laptops
     No cell phones
     No workboots without booties
     No dirty work clothes
     No outdoor coats
     Be Courteous to others

     So there you have it. I may have forgotten something, but that's basically it. Funny thing is, I've never seen anyone "enforcing" the rules, yet everyone abides. I do see the odd cell phone, but I can't say I've ever heard one ring. I particularly like the "no muscle shirts" one, hehe. And be Courteous to others. With a capital C.
     People come and go. One of the girls was cleaning up one of the desks and found a phone list from 2007, and we only recognized one or two names on it. Just a handful of long-timers. Aimee's one of them and she's been here just over two years. I did meet one of the camp attendants who has been here since this place opened, around four years ago. She said she knows "everybody". She was quite astonished to find out that Aimee was my daughter, and said she already loved and respected me :) Aimee is quite a highly thought of individual here. When someone tells me that, I always say "Yeah, I kinda like her".
     I'll start my journey back this evening, leaving Ft. Mac airport just before 11, get to Calgary around midnight, leave Calgary just before 1 am and get to London just after 6 tomorrow morning. I'll sign off now, and check in again when I get back. I'll be sure to give the verdict on whether the first turnaround is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment