Friday, September 17, 2010

Freaky Nature

     OK, apparently it was just a freak storm yesterday. Today was sunny and blue skies. There was frost, but no snow. Maybe that's it for a while!
     It was slower at the front desk today, so the catch-up started. I was still going like mad, trying to get the mail caught up and all the confirmations. It was nice not to have a long lineup of people waiting to check in/out/complain/threaten to quit etc.
     I can't believe only two more sleeps and I'll be on my way home. When I first thought of 21 days in a row of 10 hour long days, I was a little scared, thinking how am I ever going to be able to do this? But it went by so fast. Now I can't imagine not being here for a whole week. And I have so much to do in my week at home.
     So there is work going on 24 hours a day out in the camp. I hear the trucks moving around and some sort of banging, not sure what that is, sounds almost like little explosions?? Far away and muted. Sort of like there's an active war zone within a few miles, haha. I'm sorry, that's nothing to joke about, please excuse.
     Yes, there are church services here. I saw a notice posted listing several different denominations. I think that the different companies provide the services for their employees, but I'm not entirely sure about that.
     There was entertainment at the Albian Lounge, some fellow who was really impressive at karaoke. I guess management offered him a gig for a few hours. I only heard him sing one song, and it was good, but he was really good on the harmonica. He would jump in on the musical interludes for other people singing with his harmonica, and was quite entertaining. I was going to go for a listen, but I was too tired and had a nap instead.
     OK, I think I bored everyone enough for one night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment