Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Red sky at morning....

     No! Not more rain! Well at dawn it was a very red sky, but at least that meant there were some breaks in the clouds. Now it's all overcast again. It rained pretty much the whole day. And there were some gremlins in the fire alarm system. Luckily not in the core building where I was working, but I feel for the poor guys on nights that were trying to sleep. I was advised to make sure I had my shoes, a coat, and sweat pants at the ready when I went to bed tonight....just in case. Luckily, no alarms in the night.
     A guy came to the desk yesterday to ask where the "extra large" booties were, because the ones at the door did not go over his size 16 work boots. Yikes. The most he could do was put them over the toe.
     I was awake early, so went down for breakfast before 7, then came back to bed for another hour :) These 10 am to 8 pm shifts are not all that bad.
     I am going to attempt some exercise today, maybe even brave the workout room. Well, I'm giving it a 50/50 chance.  Yesterday the afternoon snacks that came out included some fresh, soft, just out of the oven cookies. First I tried the smartie cookies. Yum Yum like eating a candy bar. Then I heard they had oatmeal raisin. Mmmm, double yum again.
     I need to dash off to work now, I may check in again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment