Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back to work for a rest??!!???

     Not a chance. I had MAYBE 5 minutes, possibly less, to arrive for work at 7 am with that rush of being refreshed and ready to tackle things when I was told that I was cross-training for another job, actually for Amanda in reservations, and Amanda is leaving for her days off after her shift on WEDNESDAY. So, yes folks, I am allotted a total of 3 days to learn a job that actually has responsibility (haha) and changes all the time at the same time as the week from you-know-where is happening! There is some kind of top-secret VIP function happening this week - important guests that are so important I'm not allowed to know who they are - plus the fact that the front desk is short-staffed because of people on days off AND this place is overbooked by many rooms and as of yesterday, nobody had a backup plan. Welcome back!!!!
     Of course, I have always loved a challenge and this time next week....it will all be a bad memory. :)
     So my days at home were a blur; running all over the place and putting many kms on Aimee's new car. I told her not to be too distressed when she looked at the odometer. It was great to see my grandbabies!! I miss them, and they are just changing so quickly. Caden is just talking up a storm, and quite precocious I might add, an unbelievable computer whiz at just 3 years old. Kylee is really beginning to talk now and smart as a whip as well. We had fun for the short time I saw them!
     I arrived back here after 12:30 a.m. on Monday morning. My shift started at 7 a.m. so not much sleep for me, not that I ever get much anyway. I had already been checked into my room, and it was the same room I left! That was a nice surprise, I like this room. I also had lots of stuff waiting for me. Aimee and friends left for their days off (actually we crossed paths at the airport in Ft. McMurray, me coming in, them going out). Aim asked if it was ok if they stored some stuff in my room, so one side of the under bed storage is totally full, plus I have a fridge! They'll be gone for 2 weeks so I can have cold drinks and snacks in my room until they're back :) Also, Lena had put the box of stuff I had stored in her room in there for me already so all I had to do was unpack. That didn't happen until after work yesterday, of course. And I couldn't believe it when my ten hours were up, the time just flew. Of course, I am in panic mode here, thinking of the next few days....but I will survive, like that 70's song.
     Anyway, I'm off to get some breakfast and dive back into the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment