Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Working from home...

     I am trying to get a routine going. Today hardly counted, since I didn't get my materials to work on until 11 am. However, I was able to work right through until 5:45. I didn't even stop for a break or lunch. I had a "working lunch" up at my computer. I hooked up another screen and a keyboard with a number pad to my laptop and away I went. One small problem is that my keyboard for some reason wanted to be French, and if I typed any " or ? they came out as e with accents on them. However, it appears that all is U.S. English now. When all else fails, re-start :)
     There are a couple of us that have been given the approval to work from home until the air/fire situation improves. The fire is even more massive, and apparently the south edge is within 10 km or so from camp. One of the camps appears to be totally surrounded, and there is quite a controversy right now, as people have been sending pictures to the press and making claims that may or may not be true, but will definitely shake up the employer.
     Basically what I am doing right now is data entry. Transcribing numbers from a PDF file into an Excel spreadsheet. There are a lot of numbers. Also, the spreadsheet has formulas in it so I can check as I go if I've got all the numbers right. Not terribly exciting, but I am grateful for the chance to be able to work from home so I've told them I'll do anything, just send it over.
     Anyway, since all I'll be doing is sitting at the computer...I'd better leave it alone for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment