Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pizza lunch!

     Pizza arrived for lunch today, courtesy of the kitchen. Speaking of lunches, things have really improved on that front lately. I always thought the choices were pretty good, but yes, you do get tired of the same old thing every day. Well, now they have added more "leftover" choices, and also some new pre-packed salads, with hard boiled egg and cold meat, also yogurt parfaits, more fruit, also a selection of different yogurts. It is just a nice change from the sandwiches and sometimes-if-you-get-there-at-a-good-time leftovers.
     Wow, sunrise right now here is 5:25 a.m. Sunset is 9:19 p.m. Back in Stratford, the sunrise is 6:09 and sunset is 8:32. Approximately 90 minutes extra of daylight here. It's strange how this works, and how I am in my 50's before I ever really experienced the difference in length of daylight in relation to your position on the globe. I have always wanted to be all the way up north and experience the "midnight sun" and "30 days of night"...well, OK after THAT movie came out, maybe I don't want to experience that. One or two days would be enough.
     Strange thing today, I was checking flights, and found that I can fly from here to Kitchener airport, but I can't fly from Kitchener back here. Hmm. I guess those planes only fly one way. (?) Everyone seems to be planning vacations right now. I'm thinking maybe September. Not sure where or for how long, but yes, I think a vacation is in order.
     As far as camp news...occupancy is down right now, but this week should be picking up again. The gym is being painted, and I tried to do my laps but it was too stinky. I don't like the treadmill either. I am taking advantage of stretching class whenever I can, and also the core classes (on the fitball) which are now being held in the racketball court. Ed says we can look forward to some walking trails outdoors soon, which will be quite nice. Ed also is starting movie night tonight, in the auditorium with popcorn and drinks. Kind of funny, he made up flyers advertising exactly that, movie with popcorn and drinks. Ran around placing them all around then had to reprint, and re-distributing them as some people expected ALCOHOLIC drinks and he had to clarify that it was SOFT drinks being supplied. Some people, haha.
     I'll miss the first movie night, as I am going with Aimee and her friends to the barge. I'm not sure exactly what this place is, but I know they go there and have campfires or bbq's. I will see if I can get some pictures, although I seem to have misplaced my camera so if it's light enough, I'll get some with my phone.
     That's it for now...check in later!

No comments:

Post a Comment