Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vacation Eve

     Yes, tomorrow I set off on my winter vacation. Ft. Mac to Edmonton, switch planes, Edmonton to Toronto, switch planes, Toronto to Windsor, get picked up in truck, drive to Detroit. Detroit to Orlando, switch planes, Orlando to San Juan. Then aaaahhhhhhh.Weather has been very odd here, the temp hovering around the freezing mark and rain/freezing rain all day. Then tonight the temp started plummeting, and by tomorrow morning should be around -16, a bit of snow and wind. Ok yes, I'm STRESSING about getting to the airport because this itinerary is like dominoes, if one tips a little....the whole chain will crash. But I'm optomistic! I'll be feeling the warm Caribbean breeze by Saturday night :)
     Camp has gotten a lot fuller this week, and things seem more back to normal. Dining room is hopping and lineups for dinner and the lunch room. Luggage room is busy with people coming and going. We have a good team at the front desk and aside from some flu bugs going around, all seems to be right here in Albian world.
     The refinery seems to be running full tilt....just by the steam coming out of all the chimneys. Cranking out the diesel that will power up a nation....and then some. Of course I know there is controvery over the oil sands development, and then I read objection to wind turbines, and objections to electric cars, and objections to solar power, and objections to nuclear power, and I can't help but wonder how do people think they are going to fuel their vehicles, heat and cool their homes, and power their communication tools, tv's and other energy users?
     Anyway, some food for thought for another blog....I will catch up when I can, will likely be at least a week. Check back after Feb 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment