Sunday, January 2, 2011

Surprise, surprise

     Yep, yesterday brought all kinds of surprises. Seems the position of Jr. Accountant opened up, and I got asked if I was interested in working with my daughter. Took me by surprise, but of course!! I don't know how much she'll be able to take of me, haha but we'll now be working in the same office :)  The other surprise of the day was the offer of a management room. Yes, a private room! With my own bathroom!! NO toilet seat wars!! And a REAL shower! I can shave my legs again!!! Yes, all very exciting. See the pics on the side. It's a bigger room, has a huge recliner, bigger tv, a fridge, queen size bed, and a larger desk with drawers. I am so excited about a real shower, with a seat. LOL, funny how these things make a person's day.
     Well another new person starts tomorrow. Another one of us that have a few years of life experience under our belt :) I just realized I have not been outside in a whole week. I have noticed the days starting to get a bit longer, and it's been clear, so a glimpse of the sky now and then. And things are starting to pick up, I think we're up to around 800 in house now. By the end of the week, we'll probably be up around 2,000 again so you can imagine how busy it's going to be, and running on a skeleton crew.
     I'm still trying to make sense of the way these dorms are lettered. It doesn't seem to make any sense, so I've come up with little tricks to remember the dorms that are closest, and furthest from the core building. In B pod, closest dorms are O and K, so OK, that's easy. The furthest dorms are H and L, so High and Low. In C pod (my new home) closest are T and Y, so Thank You...and the furthest are P and U. I could have thought of UP, but I thought PU was funnier.
     Take care all, and I'll check in again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment