Sunday, January 16, 2011

-33 and no luggage....

     Yep, arrived back at camp late, after being on a plane FULL of people and lots of crying children. Many flights had been delayed and cancelled because of weather, so they filled this one to the rafters. We got in to Ft. Mac about 40 minutes late, and then half of the luggage didn't make it. What a procedure that was. After we realized that there was no more luggage coming on the carousel, it was a mad dash to the Air Canada counter to report missing bags. After a phone call (in lieu of standing in line to report) I discovered my bag was still sitting in Toronto. They advised it would be here the next afternoon, which was Saturday. So now it's Sunday night and still nothing. The web tracer website only says it's en route to the forwarding airport. Calling the "delayed baggage" hotline number gets me to a call center in some country where English is not the official language, and I cannot understand most of what's being said. What I did understand is the last two times I called, someone was supposed to call me back and didn't. So...in the meanwhile, I had to borrow shoes, borrow pants for work, buy deodorant at the camp store (for $6), and scrounge for shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer and only hope it will show up soon! Oh, and did I mention it was -33 degrees? That's without any windchill factoring in. However, on the bright side....on Jan 29, we will be on route to San Juan, Puerto Rico for our 7 day southern caribbean cruise! Sounds like I just won a prize on a game show, haha.
     Before I forget....Dee, if you are reading this...thanks for the card!! It was only my second piece of mail up here so I was quite surprised and what fun! It got lots of laughs as I shared it with everyone around.
     So...other than not having luggage, and the cold weather, there is not much new here. Some new people starting at the front desk, so hopefully up to a full complement of staff. Not sure how long that will last, as one more of the people that was here before me is leaving at the end of the month.
     I must sign off now and rinse out my unmentionables....again.

No comments:

Post a Comment