Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Day....

     I never thought I could get so excited to see a suitcase....it finally arrived yesterday afternoon. Meanwhile I had borrowed shoes, socks, work pants, and yes, even underwear. Being in my own clothes and shoes today will be a real treat. Ah, the simple things in life.....haha.
     It's starting to warm up here. Well, relatively speaking. It was only -23 this morning, as opposed to -36 yesterday morning. I actually had to get another comforter for my bed. The windows have a thick coating of ice INSIDE. When I look out my window across to the next dorm, you can see people have drinks etc in their "window fridges" lol. And of course the days grow longer...nice to see dawn starting to break shortly after 8 now.
     I decided I need to take advantage of the fitness facilities here. Yesterday, I shot baskets in the gym. That's a pretty good workout for someone who doesn't move around enough. Worked on a few of the upper body machines too. Today, a couple of the girls and I are supposed to meet in the gym and do some boxing. Hey it beats being bored on the treadmill! And I love to punch things :)
     One of the big contractors here was shut down for a safety violation, so all their workers have been sitting around for something like 4 days with no work. They were supposed to go in last night, but that was cancelled and they were just gradually finding out last night. Then they started leaving in droves. The expansion trailers out at the back are being de-commissioned and will no longer be in use. That takes 490 rooms out of our allotment, so the big influx this week should be interesting!
     Well it's off to the gym I go. Only 10 more sleeps till I fly out for the sunny south!

No comments:

Post a Comment