Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Things are not always what they seem....

     Well the position could only be temporary, as the head office people wouldn't approve it, as it's a "conflict of interest" to have an employee reporting to a family member, no matter how they tried to spin it. So it's back to the status quo of front desk and reservations. I also gave up my nice private bathroom as I couldn't justify why I would have that, I was hearing through the grapevine that it was making for hard feelings. I have heard from my friend Lena, and it seems there are many opportunities at the camp she is now working at, so I may pursue that.
     My time at home has gone way too fast, and it seems that it took me days to recuperate from taking the red-eye home midnight on Friday night. I had all kinds of things to do since I won't be home my next rotation. That's my vacation cruise/stay in San Juan leaving on Jan 29. I had to renew my driver's license (needed a new picture), my license plates (needed an emissions test), prescriptions, get my property tax amount (notices haven't come out yet and will be due before I'm home again), get a mammogram....now I have to pack for my cruise vacation and bring with me out to camp since I won't be coming home before that. Oh, I think I just had a brainwave on that one.....ok, well I've got to get to it. I will catch up again once back in camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment