Sunday, January 23, 2011

Long time no post!!!

     Wow, sometimes it just gets away on me. Time, that is. Weird weather!?! Today it was +3 this morning. That translates into 37 degrees F. And -21 in Stratford, which translates into -6 degrees F. I thought I was looking at the weather reports in reverse! Although now the temperature has dropped all day and is now -14 C, or 6 degrees F. Very strange day. I have not been outside since I got dropped off by the taxi last Friday night. We had a fire alarm one day, but it was cold enough we went to the gym, not outside.
     Camp is still eerily quiet. I keep waiting for a sudden influx of guests, as we keep hearing about expansion, expansion, expansion. We are running at about 2/3 capacity right now, around 1700 guests, and room for 2,500.
     We have almost all new staff at the front desk now. Weird to feel like the veteran after only being here for 5 months. Almost. I still miss my friend Lena very much. She's not too far from here, working at another camp now. Although there's no visiting at other camps, security is just too tight. I believe I am old enough to be everyone's mother now. All but one. It's all good though, everyone is nice and the team works together well.
     I've been trying to eat sparingly this last while, in preparation for my cruise holiday. Only 5 more sleeps and I start that journey. It is going to take me 5 flights to get to San Juan. Ft. Mac to Edmonton. Edmonton to Toronto. Toronto to Windsor. Drive to Detroit Metro. Detroit to Orlando. Orland to San Juan. Board the ship and 5 islands in a row. That forecast looks a pretty steady sun and 77 degrees. Yummy. I plan to soak up enough vitamin D to last me the rest of the winter.
     I don't plan on bringing my laptop so I will be out of reach for a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to get pictures and keep a travel diary to share when I get back.
     Meanwhile, I had better get my towels out of the dryer and maybe watch a little TV before bed!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment