Monday, April 18, 2011

On the countdown...

     Just six more days to work and I'm on my way home! Wow, it's been crazy here, just crazy. Well in my little world, anyway :) Occupancy was unexpectedly high, then unexpectedly lower again. Short staffed again. Tim Horton's has no coffee for at least a week due to safety issues with the pots. They've had 3 pots in the last little while explode with hot coffee in them. Yesterday's caused a visit to the medic, as the staff got some splashed on her. She's ok, but no more coffee or steeped tea for at least a week until they can get all new pots in. You want to see cranky people.....yikes. Of course the tea made with bags and hot chocolate and ice caps and of course all the baked goods are still available, but let me tell you, when I went by this morning on the way to the gym, there was nobody there. Usually the line stretches right down the hall almost to the gym door.
     Speaking of the gym...Ed has started a cardiovascular tracking program. Those of us that walk/jog/run/bicycle can track our progress to the Ft. McMurray airport. 100 km from here, or 1,200 laps. Considering I'm doing 38 whenever I go (usually 5 times per week), it will take a few weeks to get there. From there....who knows how far I'll go hahaha. I think I'm finally feeling a difference in my pants. My shoulder is much better, although still not 100%, but improvements overall. Still haven't made it outside to walk yet. The road is so mucky and plus after the nice weather, we did have some snow again. Nothing like Calgary and Edmonton this week though. They got slammed with a big snowstorm this week.
     I guess what I"m looking forward to this time home is seeing the babies, getting some sleep, and catching up on world affairs. Counting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment