Sunday, April 10, 2011

Finally....a moose

     Well ok, I didn't personally see the moose, but one of the guys did and got this picture. I haven't been outside since I got here, just looking at the beautiful spring weather through filthy dirty windows. If I wasn't so tired out from all the exercising...I would consider trying to pull the windows out and wash them! I'm sure that would be an exercise in futility though....given the dirt around here.
     The weather has been lovely though, except all the dirt is blowing around again. It was very windy the other day and it looked like we were in the dust bowl.
     Aimee heads home tonight, then on to Las Vegas to the wedding of Sara (the baker) and Mike (kitchen helper). I'm sure that event will be one for the books, and am looking forward to pictures and stories of that. I miss my babies back at home and will be anxious to snuggle up to the grandkids. Hmm, I still have 13 days yet to work. Speaking of work...the weekends are definitely a bit of a break. No constant barrage of reservations to fix up and room transfers and memos and reports and forecasts. Back to the pressure cooker tomorrow though. New staff arrived Friday, and I think will have completed their training at the end of the day today, will just have to get the Shell orientation for their badges. Can't work without a badge! It's one of those unbreakable rules. No badging available on weekends either.
     I'm proud to say in the last week I've done FOUR of Ed's classes....3 core classes (using the exercise ball and also on the mats) and 1 boot camp. OK, I'm a wuss and I can't do everything, but I think I'm getting better. Still doing my laps in the morning. Now that it's nice I'd like to try the road around camp, which is something like 1.6 km I think. One of the Shell guys across the hall gave me safety stripes if I do decide to walk, because Safety First!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment