Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Only 4 sleeps til Christmas!

     It's been a busy turnaround for me, but wow have I been enjoying my days off!! I said I wasn't going to do much shopping, only stockings for my brood, but stockings for 11 can be quite a task! I spend some time in Listowel with my good friend Julie, and of course, did some baking. It's not all done yet, I'll be baking for another couple of days. Sure makes my usually empty house smell good.
     I am sitting here at my kitchen table, watching out the patio door, and I cross-country skiers just zipping by. There are city-owned trails out behind my house, and people are putting them to good use! I don't see this many people in the summer, when it's walking trails. I remember those days of cross country skiing. I wish I had the ambition to do that again.
     Well Aimee arrived home last night, and tomorrow is the start of the rest of the family arriving. Thursday is our Big Day. I think it's been well over a year since all my kids were in the same city, in the same house at the same time. I can't for the life of me remember when it was??? I'm thinking the last time was the Christmas in St. Marys, when I found out I was going to be a grandmother.
     Well the temperature is just below the freezing mark the last couple of days here. I do believe that this damp Ontario cold is "colder" than the dry Alberta cold. This just kind of creeps into your bones. I think it may be time for a hot chocolate! Then, back to baking and making preparations for the influx of revellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment