Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sorry...to my faithful readers...if there are any left!!

     I think what the problem is about is now that I am full time reservations, I am on a computer all day. So when I'm not working, I don't want to be sitting at the computer some more! I came up with a great idea....I will update my blog while I'm at work and on a break. Sounds like a win-win to me.
     This past week has been a whirlwind, with trying to jump into the new role, deal with my cross-shift person not being here (*sad face*) and moving to three different desks and having the new office painted so having to move out all together for a few days....wow.
     The back room has been completely cleared out and now there is a whole end (large cubicle size) that is my area for Reservations. Hopefully there will soon be another full time reservations person, because it is too much for one person and we're always scrambling to catch up on one thing or another. Amanda has been promoted to Housing Manager - good news for her too!
     Albian has launched a new service - room service for pizza, wings, fries, chicken fingers, burgers, soft drinks delivered right to your room in the evenings. For a fee, of course. Well, no fee for the delivery, but items are for purchase. Selected items have been offered for free trial at the lounge the last couple of nights, and the actual service will start tomorrow. So if someone has the munchies after the dining room closes at 7:45 pm and before 10 pm, just pick up the phone!
     The weather has still been darn cold! Went into town one night last week....Thursday maybe? and it was -24. I mean, come on already....-24??? That's -11 Fahrenheit, in case you were wondering. I hadn't been out since I got back, so it was a surprise to me. And come on daylight savings time! I went to dinner late tonight, just before 6 pm, and it was still bright out. That part I like. Except it is still the dead of night at 7 am again. Boo! Just checked the sunrise/sunset for here and sunrise is now 6:46 am and sunset is 6:23. In Stratford, sunrise is 6:40 and sunset is 6:28. (ok, apparently 7 am is not the dead of night.) We're almost equal, and soon Albian will surpass Stratford in terms of hours of daylight. And on the 14 day forecast, the temperature is moderating into more seasonable numbers.
     One funny thing I have to mention....one of the companies cancelled work for their night shift last night, and their day shift today. Why, you might ask? They had no fuel. That may not seem really funny until you think about the fact that we are in the oil sands, working for Shell. I suggested maybe they run down the road to Syncrude and maybe borrow a bit of theirs, haha.
     Well, I am finally headed back to my room and hopefully make up for that hour of sleep I lost last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment