Friday, March 4, 2011

Back to work...

     Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone is still reading. Six months I've been doing this and thinking it's got to be boring to read my ramblings after all this time. However I like to write and ramble so I'll keep on rambling! So I'.m sitting in the airport in Toronto waiting for my flight to Ft. Mac. Flights have been horrible this last couple of months. Too expensive and bad times. When I came home last Friday, I had to leave at 6:30 in the morning on my first day off (I like to fly out either late on my last day of work, or the redeye that leaves at midnight so I don't waste my whole first day off travelling!) plus I had TWO stops (always have at least one, but two with waits in between is so tedious). Seems like the times and prices improve in May....sigh.
     I did get some good news while I was home. A call from the GM to tell me when I get back I will be full time reservations. That's a good thing. More money. Regular shifts (always 7-5). Fits well with my date with gym (5:30 a.m.). I'm still undecided as to how long I will be staying, but right now I'm thinking I'll finish out this year.
     I am Jomama to most of the people I know there. That's ok, I'm old enough to be their mama :) It does feel like family, because it feels like everyone is living together in the same large house. It's amazing how quickly the days are getting longer. Right now in Stratford, sunrise is 6:55 am and sunset is 6:18 pm. In Ft. MacKay sunrise is 7:04 am and sunset is 6:04 pm. Very soon there will be more hours of daylight there than at home. Camp had been pretty full when I left, so I'm anxious to get back at it and jump into my new role with both feet.
     I am really getting tired of airports though. I should have counted how many airport visits I've had in the last six months, but maybe it's best not to know, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment